Monday, July 7, 2008

2 weeks in!


Gorgeous hike on the Bartram Trail.
Can you see the snake? I was 1 pace from stepping on him.
A bit easier to spot with the zoom. Now he has his rattle going.
Lisa and the kids picked me up and we did another mile up to some views.
The weight loss project:
So after 2 weeks, well 13 days to be exact...
Some good news and some bad news:
My goal was to lose 1-3 lbs a week.
I am now at 206 which means I've lost 3 lbs over 2 weeks. So far so good. It is ussually easier to lose your first 10 lbs so I should be farther along but at least some progress.
New goal: still is to lose 1-3 lbs a week.
My goal was to exercise 6/7 days.
2 days - I hiked an overnight, 18 miles, great exercise
2 days - I did two hikes at camp mikal (1 hour with lisa and alli, 30 mins me alone.)
1 day - I biked 40 minutes, attacked by dogs 3 times
So 5/13 days. Not so good...
New goal: Will aim to beat that the next two weeks. I have a much anticipated 4 day hike with Lisa comeing up this weekend (first time Lisa has hiked a long hike with me!) so I should be able to do better the next two weeks.
My goal was to go vegan except for a steak on sundays.
Over 2 weeks, 3 steaks and 1 zaxbys = vegan 9/13 days
New goal: vegan 6/7 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is where the rubber meets the road and you're doing the right thing! Attack!!! Don't underesteem the benefit of a simple 30 min jog that gets your heart rate up. 30 mins. Not much but if you can't get out for something bigger it's huge.